Motor Vehicle Accidents · Additional Resources


If you are injured in a road accident you are entitled to seek compensation if the accident was caused by the other driver’s negligence.

If you have been injured you may be entitled to recover:-

Remember, if you are injured in a road accident, don’t delay. Claims must be lodged within specific time limits. In particular, notices of claims to insurers must be given within three months of the accident involving unidentified vehicles and within nine months of the accident in other cases. Court proceedings must be commenced within three years of the accident.

Consult us as soon as possible after the accident and find out if you are entitled to claim compensation. Even if you cannot identify the driver of the car that caused the accident, you may be able to make a claim.


Our Solicitors will want to know:-


Our Solicitors:-


If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle and either vehicle is damaged, you should notify your comprehensive insurer immediately. Failure to do this could affect your claim against the insurance company.

If anyone is injured, you must also notify your compulsory third party insurer within a month of the accident.

Remember, if your vehicle is insured and suffers damage, or if you have caused property damage to another vehicle, your insurance policy prohibits you from making admissions as to liability for the accident.


If you do not have the owner’s authority to use the motor vehicle or your blood alcohol concentration exceeded .05 at the time of the accident you may not be fully protected by your insurance policy. If you are in doubt you should obtain legal advice without delay. If you are insured you will have obligations to your insurance company, and our Solicitors will be able to advise you about these.


Claims for damages are usually settled efficiently and inexpensively out of court. If you are worried about legal costs talk to us.